SPECIAL GUEST: Jose Garcia
With Pat McCormick & Zach Engelhart
In this edition of 10 Bullets (The newly renamed Ten List), Jose Garcia tells us his top ten quotes that help get him through the week.
“Worry is interest paid in advance on a debt that never comes due.” – Kevin Smith
- Worry takes up too much emotional capital.
- Worry is praying for something that you don’t want to happen.
“Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own.” – Bruce Lee
- Build your philosophy by learning from others and from yourself.
- BOOK RECOMMENDATION (Pat): Striking Thoughts – Bruce Lee
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A reminder that you can learn something from anyone.
“Enter into every situation willing to be wrong.” – Jose Garcia
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- When things get hard, you must have a way to get you through.
- BOOK MENTION (Pat/Zach): Man’s Search For Meaning – Viktor Frankl
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” – Socrates
“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything.” – Miyamoto Musashi
- Generalize not specialize.
“The qualities of patience and profiting from one’s mistakes are part of the discipline of Kung Foo.” – Bruce Lee
- You must learn from your mistakes to move forward.
- Failure is an event, not a person – Zig Ziglar
“A tragedy is that moment where the hero comes face to face with his true identity.” – Aristotle
- The easiest way to do something is to do it.
- BOOK MENTION (Pat) – Scary Close – Donald Miller
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and die with their song still inside them” – Henry David Thoreau
- Make sure you sing your song before you go to the grave.
“INTRO MUSIC” by Sidewise
Song: This Time
Track; Sidewise – This Time
Music provided by FlyingTunes